Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

First Post: This is what it is.

Hello, folks.  My name is Ryan Evans and I've created this blog to share the little bits of knowledge I've gleaned from my strange hobbies with the rest of the world.  My hope is that you will find this information useful or at least my pursuit thereof highly entertaining.

I've been a hobbyist armorer for about 6-7 years or more.  This is one of those hobbies where you almost don't want to explain to people what it is that you do.  On the other hand, sometimes it's fun because they look at you like you have lobsters coming out of your ears.  Answers to some of the questions that follow the initial exchange may include, but are not limited to:

"Yes, I beat on sheets of metal and fashion antiquated defenses for martial combat."
"No, I don't do anything with guns."
"Yes, like on the history channel."

I've also been a martial artist for about 10 years and so, just for fun, you can probably expect to see some of that turn up in my posts as well.

In the posts that will hopefully follow...unless I die...or the world ends...or some such other untoward event happens...I'll most likely post tutorials, articles, essays, and maybe even a video or two on some of the ways I beet metal into interesting shapes and make stuff out of other...things.  I might even wax poetic about the forgotten ways of men and women who thought it would be a good idea to don a tin suit, grab a sharpened #2 spade and have a go at life threatening combat.  Or something like that.  (Yes, I'm slightly crazy;)

1 comment:

  1. Nice articles and your information valuable and good articles thank for the sharing information Hemispherical Dish End

    ReplyDelete